We're looking for an ambitious, creative Content Marketing Executive to help us make Shandy Shack the most-loved low-alcohol drinks brand in the country.
We're Shandy Shack, an award-winning low-alcohol beer brand specialising in craft beer shandy. Founded by three friends (Ed, Tom and Freddie) in summer 2018, we’ve grown from the humble beginnings of a festival tour in our handbuilt pop-up Shack, to the fridges and shelves of bars and supermarkets all over the country.
But, why do we exist? The craft beer category is booming, but there’s an issue around accessibility and ABV. Lots of beer drinkers find craft beer too hoppy, too bitter or too strong. The no/low-alcohol category is also rapidly growing as more consumers look to reduce the number of units they’re drinking, but it doesn’t always deliver on taste. Why should moderation be a choice between all or nothing?
At Shandy Shack, we want to enable moderation without compromise for everyone. Our brand sits in the perfect middle ground, combining the best of craft beer with a sessionable, lower-ABV percentage. Excitingly, shandy is a category with longstanding cultural value and therefore offers a creative playground full of amusing, historic associations and stereotypes. We have a first mover advantage in reviving and premiumising this category.
We currently have a core range of four products, combining craft beer styles like pilsner and IPA with flavours such as elderflower, rhubarb and ginger. Between them, our shandies have won a total of six Great Taste stars over the last three years, which serves as a clear symbol of their quality.
Over the last three years, we've won multiple major listings, including supermarkets like Sainsbury’s and national wholesalers like Bidfood, as well as building a strong direct-to-consumer channel. We've also been heavily featured by mainstream national media, such as on ITV’s This Morning (twice), in The Times and in the Daily Mail to name just a few. This has allowed us to achieve an impressive top-line CAGR of +132% over our last four financial years.
We’re eager to continue this growth trajectory by adding more sales and marketing staff to our team who can help us secure more distribution and awareness for our brand respectively.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As our Content Marketing Executive, you will become the voice of our brand, and will be responsible for unlocking the cultural potential of this category.
Reporting into co-founder Ed, you will be part of a growing team that is passionate about bringing shandy to the masses. You will have real autonomy to shape our brand moving forward, giving you a chance to deliver real impact at a time of fast growth.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Content Creation:
- Create engaging, unique content for our social media platforms, with a focus on Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Collaborate with freelance designers for more advanced content creation (e.g. professional video) and artwork (e.g. packaging, print adverts).
- Constantly explore and experiment with new avenues for creative.
- Social Media Management:
- Unlock the humour and personality of our brand using brilliant creative and copywriting.
- Curate an industry-leading social media presence across Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok to drive up follower count and growing engagement.
- Keep up with social media trends and develop strategies to stay at the forefront.
- Email Marketing:
- Run weekly email campaigns to our database to drive brand engagement and revenue.
- Optimise our automated email flows with fresh creative and copywriting, tracking KPIs to ensure success.
- Brand Activation:
- Proactively collaborate with the team on brand activation initiatives to get liquid on lips on a shoestring budget.
- Explore partnership opportunities with other brands and events to expose the brand to new audiences.
- Strategic > great understanding of brand's positioning & potential and an ability to create and execute a solid content plan
- Creative > your natural approach is to want to do things differently to the way they’ve always been done
- Thirsty (not just for shandy!) > determined & driven to make things the best they can be, with a resilient, entrepreneurial spirit and a curiosity to learn quickly in areas of development
- Fun > genuine excitement about the cultural opportunity available and the humour that we can develop
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience in social media management and email marketing (we'd love to see your work when you apply!)
- A creative thinker with a passion for staying up-to-date with marketing trends
- Excellent copywriting skills and an ability to write on-brand, witty consumer-facing copy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A strong eye for brand, design aesthetics and emerging trends
- Start Date: December 2023
- Location: we operate a hybrid working model across the company, with office space in Liverpool Street and an operations hub in Oxfordshire. For the Content Marketing Executive role, you'd be mainly remote, visiting our stores and stockists around the UK and coming together for at least one monthly co-working day with the team in a mutually-convenient location
- Base Salary: £32,000, negotiable based on experience
- Additional Benefits: 25 days of annual leave, excluding bank holidays. Monthly team socials. Flexible BYOD policy. Unlimited supply of shandy!
- Hours: Full-time (i.e. 40 hours per week), with the ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends in exchange for weekday time off in lieu.
Shandy Shack is an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.