We're looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented Operations Executive who can enable us to put a shandy in every hand in the country.
We're Shandy Shack, the creators of the original craft shandy. Founded by three friends (Ed, Tom and Freddie) in summer 2018, we originally started out as a pop-up shack, touring festivals all over the UK mixing different shandies before deciding to take the plunge and brew our own canned drinks.
Why? The craft beer category is booming, but there’s an issue around accessibility and ABV. Lots of beer drinkers find craft beer too hoppy, too bitter or too strong. The no/low category is also growing rapidly as more consumers look to reduce the number of units they’re drinking. But moderation shouldn't just be a question of all or nothing. We're perfectly positioned to be the best of both worlds, providing a sessionable, lower-ABV option that isn't a compromise on taste. Arguably most importantly, shandy is a category with longstanding cultural value and therefore offers a creative playground full of amusing, historic associations/stereotypes. We have first mover advantage in reviving and premiumising this category.
We currently have two products in our core range: the IPA Shandy (2.8% ABV) and the Elderflower Lager Top (2.5% ABV). A third limited edition product, the Pale & Ginger (2.2% ABV), launched exclusively online in November 2021, receiving rave reviews from our fans.
Since summer 2020, we've won multiple major listings, including Sainsbury’s and City Pub Group, as well as building a strong D2C channel. We've also collaborated with Diddly Squat Farm Shop, and been featured on This Morning, Sunday Brunch and in the Daily Mail to name just a few.
With a fresh investment round closed, we're now looking to go through the gears, growing our team, expanding our distribution and investing in marketing.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
As our Operations Executive, you will be critical in satisfying our fast-growing distribution and fulfilling our busy calendar of brand activations around the UK. As a business with varied routes to market, you will be tasked with allowing them all to thrive by keeping them stocked up with shandy and making sure we're in the right place at the right time.
Reporting into co-founder Tom, you will be part of a growing team that is passionate about bringing shandy to the masses. You will be trusted to underpin our business growth, and you'll have the opportunity to grow and take ownership of our full outsourced supply chain.
This role will be split into three main areas:
Consumer/Trade Order Fulfilment
- Execute small-pack fulfilment in-house where necessary, including direct-to-consumer and sample shipments
- Prepare and ship pallet orders for trade customers, such as wholesalers and supermarkets
- Support the outsourcing of the consumer/trade order fulfilment over time
- Monitor stock levels of product and peripherals, supporting with outsourced production as and when required
- Submit an accurate monthly stock count to our Finance team
- Take pride in ensuring an organised, efficient operations hub for the business
Consumer/Trade Activation Enablement
- Prepare our brand activation equipment and stock for consumer & trade activations all-year round
- Administrate, co-ordinate and enable brand activations, including submitting forms
- Transport and install our setups around the country
- Offer practical support to brand ambassadors before and after activations, and in some cases step in to support and serve during the activations themselves
- Defining and adhering to health and safety standards
- Detail-oriented > you're able to plan and co-ordinate projects, considering and accounting for all of the details and requirements
- Practical > you love building and assembling, and are capable to conduct physical work
- Hard-working > you are willing to roll your sleeves up and put in a big shift to help make amazing things happen
- Fun > genuine excitement about our business journey and enthusiasm to put a smile on people's faces with our shandies
- Organising and maintaining premises to an orderly standard
- A thirst for productivity, taking satisfaction from process efficiency and improvement
- Strong communication skills, and an understanding of when to work independently and when to ask for support
- Keeping a positive, can-do attitude even in the face of unfamiliar or difficult tasks, or complex problems
- A UK standard driving licence & confidence to drive light commercial vehicles (e.g. vans)
- Familiarity with email and spreadsheets (Google Sheets preferred)
- Forklift & good driving experience preferred but not essential
- A passion for the F&B industry is a must - and a love of shandy is preferable!
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Oxford-based essential as you'll spend a lot of time at our HQ in Bampton. You’ll be required to travel and get out into trade or attend events.
- Salary: £20-25k, negotiable based on experience
- Other Benefits: 25 days of annual leave (excluding bank holidays), training budget (e.g. for personal alcohol licence (APLH))
- Hours: Full-time. Flexibility to work weekends will be appreciated as startup business needs will fluctuate frequently
- How to Apply: email us on email@example.com with your LinkedIn profile and a message (in a format of your choice) to explain why you are a great fit for this role