We're looking for a relentless, personable Sales Executive to help us make Shandy Shack the most widely-distributed low-alcohol beer brand in the country.
We're Shandy Shack, an award-winning low-alcohol beer brand specialising in craft beer shandy. Founded by three friends (Ed, Tom and Freddie) in summer 2018, we’ve grown from the humble beginnings of a festival tour in our handbuilt pop-up Shack, to the fridges and shelves of bars and supermarkets all over the country.
But, why do we exist? The craft beer category is booming, but there’s an issue around accessibility and ABV. Lots of beer drinkers find craft beer too hoppy, too bitter or too strong. The no/low-alcohol category is also rapidly growing as more consumers look to reduce the number of units they’re drinking, but it doesn’t always deliver on taste. Why should moderation be a choice between all or nothing?
At Shandy Shack, we want to enable moderation without compromise for everyone. Our brand sits in the perfect middle ground, combining the best of craft beer with a sessionable, lower-ABV percentage. Excitingly, shandy is a category with longstanding cultural value and therefore offers a creative playground full of amusing, historic associations and stereotypes. We have a first mover advantage in reviving and premiumising this category.
We currently have a core range of four products, combining craft beer styles like pilsner and IPA with flavours such as elderflower, rhubarb and ginger. Between them, our shandies have won a total of six Great Taste stars over the last three years, which serves as a clear symbol of their quality.
Over the last three years, we've won multiple major listings, including supermarkets like Sainsbury’s and national wholesalers like Bidfood, as well as building a strong direct-to-consumer channel. We've also been heavily featured by mainstream national media, such as on ITV’s This Morning (twice), in The Times and in the Daily Mail to name just a few. This has allowed us to achieve an impressive top-line CAGR of +132% over our last four financial years.
We’re eager to continue this growth trajectory by adding more sales and marketing staff to our team who can help us secure more distribution and awareness for our brand respectively.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Sales Executive at Shandy Shack, your primary objective will be to win new business for the brand. This will entail gathering, negotiating and securing listings with prospects and existing customers across the country to grow volumes, while also building momentum and relationships with account managers from wholesalers to support overall sales activity.
On top of your field and telesales work, we’ll expect you to manage your pipeline in our CRM tool, as well as contributing to ongoing monthly forecasting activity to ensure smooth supply planning.
You’ll work closely with our Senior Sales & Operations Executive, reporting into our co-founders. You will also be responsible for communicating with our Marketing team to co-ordinate trade marketing activity and to share content opportunities relating to the wonderful stockists that you look after.
You are interested in rapid commercial career progression, accelerating through the ranks to manage more valuable accounts with a view to a Commercial Director role in the future.
- Outgoing > you’re highly social, build excellent relationships and general love working in people-facing environments
- Relentless > you are deeply determined and see rejection in a sales context as a temporary obstacle to overcome
- Target-driven > you work best when setting and achieving goals. You are motivated by performance-based incentives
- Fun-loving > you’re ready to take shandy seriously, but love having a laugh and are excited by the prospect of shandy humour
- Organised > you approach your work in a methodical way, and are always on the lookout to improve systems and processes
- Flexible > you understand that startup life is unpredictable, and you’re happy to keep an open mind and show a can-do attitude in the face of varying challenges
- Self-starter > you have great initiative and are able to think laterally to solve problems
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally educated to degree level, but not essential
- 1-2 years’ of experience in a sales-related role is desirable, but not required
- An interest in the drinks industry
- Effective negotiation skills and good commercial acumen
- An insatiable problem-solving mindset, with a naturally-constructive stance towards difficulties
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: we operate a hybrid working model across the company, with office space in Liverpool Street and an operations hub in Oxfordshire. For the Sales Executive role, we expect that you will spend 2-3 days per week conducting field sales, and the other 2-3 days with the team or completing telesales work.
- Salary: £35,200 (comprising base salary + commission)
- Additional Benefits: 25 days of annual leave, excluding bank holidays. Monthly team socials. Flexible BYOD policy. Unlimited supply of shandy!
- Hours: Full-time (i.e. 40 hours per week), with the ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends in exchange for weekday time off in lieu.
Shandy Shack is an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.